[How to deal with mildew of rice]_deterioration_processing method
Rice is a food that people often eat, so under normal circumstances, there is no problem with rice.
However, if there is a slight deterioration, it is best not to eat it for the sake of human health. If you buy too much rice and the storage method is incorrect, it will lead to moldy rice.
So you should pay special attention to how to deal with mildew of rice?
Can the rice be moldy?
In the early stage of mildew, rice is not very serious. After repeated salting and washing, the content of mycotoxins can be eaten.
If the mold becomes severe, you must not eat it.
Otherwise, the human liver will be damaged and poisoning will occur.
Because the moldy rice contains aflatoxin, it can cause carcinogenicity. Aspergillus flavus is very toxic, and it is a carcinogen that causes gastric cancer and liver cancer.
How to judge if the rice is moldy?
1. Smell: If you smell rice, it is a precursor to fever and mildew. For rice in the early stage of mildew, the smell is not obvious.
2. Look: You can see if the rice has mildew from the following aspects: ① Dehulling occurs: due to the accumulation of rice grains, the bran flour or the unmilled bran skin on the rice grains floats, and you can see that the rice grains pile up and are not smooth.
② Eye-lifting: Because the germ tissue of the rice is relatively loose and contains protein and trace impurities, the mold will erode from this and cause the embryo to change color, commonly known as “eye-lifting”.
③ Ribbing: The grooves on the side and back of the rice grains are white, and then turn to off-white, so it is called rippling, and the color of the rice is dark.
3. Touch: Due to the strong respiration of rice and microorganisms, local moisture condenses, and the rice grains protrude, which is called sweating. Its hardness decreases and its scattering property decreases. It can be held in groups.
What should I do if the rice is moldy?
When the storage of rice appears to have eyes and bulging, the degree of mold on the rice has become obvious.
At this time, it must be aired and ventilated, and processed in time to prevent further deterioration.
If the rice is only mildewed, you can wash and dry the rice, and add vinegar to the rice to remove the musty smell.
(Suggestion: It is best not to eat rice moldy. Of course, there are many elderly people who still eat it now. They have different thoughts and different views on food.)
Moldy rice can be sold to poultry and other poultry breeders. If serious mildewing occurs, then these rices should be discarded.